The big offer

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Charlotte Edwards retires from international cricket

Charlotte Edwards retires from international cricket:

Image result for Charlotte Edwards retires from international cricket

Charlotte Edwards, one of the finest ladies cricketers and apparently England's most prominent ever, reported retirement from global cricket on Wednesday (May 11). Having made her presentation as a 16-year-old, the hitter went ahead to play for a long time, scoring more than 10,000 keeps running in universal cricket. 

She will keep on playing household cricket, captaining the Southern Vipers in the inaugural Kia Super League, close by driving Kent in the Royal London Women's One-Day Championship. 

Having scored 5992 keeps running in 191 One-Day Internationals and 2605 keeps running in 95 Twenty20 Internationals, she is the most astounding run-getter in ladies' cricket in both restricted overs positions. Aside from that, she has additionally scored 1676 keeps running in 23 Tests, putting her second behind Jannet Britton in the record-breaking run-getters list. She has likewise stowed 75 universal wickets. 

"Everybody who knows me and the amount I cherish playing for England will acknowledge what a troublesome choice it has been for me to resign from universal cricket," the previous England commander said. "It's a choice I've come to after much thought and itemized talk with Mark Robinson and Clare Connor about what is best for the group going ahead. 

"I have given 20 years to playing for England and I leave exceptionally glad for the remaining in which the ladies' amusement is held and of my commitment as a player and chief. As a 16-year-old young lady making my presentation for England, I couldn't have imagined that I would have had such an astounding time with so much achievement. I've ventured to the far corners of the planet, won World Cups and Ashes arrangement and imparted everything to some of my dearest companions. 

"Be that as it may, nothing keeps going forever. I trust now is the ideal time for another commander to lead the group forward and for youthful players to be given more chances to make their blemish on the universal amusement. After legit and open discourses with Mark, it turned out to be clear that he needs to construct another group and I completely bolster that. I would have wanted to have gone ahead and whilst I am baffled that I won't do as such, I completely comprehend and regard what Mark is hoping to do. This is another period and he needs different players to go to the fore to assemble a solid group," she said after it was getting to be obvious that the new mentor Mark Robinson needed England to lift their level of physicality on the field, a zone where Edwards fell behind in spite of being one of their best hitters. 

"20 years is quite a while thus I have numerous individuals to thank: my family, my companions, each and every mentor who has helped me show signs of improvement amid my vocation, all the bolster staff and my England buddies in the course of the most recent two decades. They are all exceptional to me and I couldn't have accomplished even 50% of what I have without them. I likewise need to thank everybody at the ECB for all their backing and direction throughout the years, and to the unbelievable fan base that has developed for the England ladies' group all through my vocation. 

"Beside the group's triumphs and my very own record, I am most pleased with where the ladies' diversion is presently. I have adored working with the ECB off the pitch to break new ground and to construct a superior future for the game, and I would like to keep on playing a part in this moving advances." 

Her captaincy record is likewise one deserving of wonder. Having driven England in 220 global matches, she likewise won three Ashes (one in England and two in Australia), ICC Women's World Cup and ICC World Twenty20 titles in 2009. She additionally won the ICC Women's Player of the Year in 2008, turned out to be just the second lady cricketer to be named Wisden Cricketer of the Year and be recompensed a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honors list. 

Clare Connor, ECB Director of Women's Cricket and Edwards' previous chief, said, "It is difficult to measure Charlotte's commitment to England ladies' cricket in a couple words, so incredible has her impact and motivation been as a pioneer, thus productive her record as a batsman. In an amazing profession spreading over 20 years, she has accomplished it all. She has seen extraordinary change: from making her introduction in 1996 when, matured 16, she paid 50 for the benefit of her first England overcoat to turning completely proficient for these dusk years of her vocation. 

"All through that time, she has adjusted, she has flourished and she has turned out to be increasingly strong. In any case, maybe in particular she has stayed in affection with the amusement. Dissimilar to her game and her excursion through it, Charlotte the individual has scarcely changed. In spite of the CBE, the expert get, the media demands and the World Cup awards, she has stayed consistent, consistent with herself, a faultless good example for our game and, to be sure, for all ladies in game. She has offered everything to playing cricket for England and the diversion will everlastingly owe her an enormous obligation of appreciation," she said. 

Edwards' choice accompanies only a year to go for the Women's World Cup which will be held in England in 2017.

                                             For details visit on The Cricket News

No comments: